Do I Give Enough Feedback?
Ask yourself these five questions about the feedback you provide to students. Work to ensure that you can answer ‘Yes’ to each question.
- Does my instruction style facilitate feedback?
- Do I offer objective, non-debatable observations of student performance?
- Is my feedback aligned to desired outcomes or goals of the learning task? Students must be aware of these outcomes or goals.
- Do I give students opportunities to apply feedback to improve their performance?
- Do I incorporate feedback in the praise I provide to students?