Graphic organizers are visual representations of material. Using graphic organizers can help students decode, process, understand, and remember information. They can be used by students at almost any level.
Encourage your students to use graphic organizers to:
- take notes from readings and class.
- compare and contrast things.
- predict outcomes.
- describe people, places, events, and objects.
- show cause and effect.
- see how parts make up a whole.
- classify and categorize information.
- find the solution to problems.