As students get older, they must make an increasing number of important decisions. You can help your students make appropriate decisions by teaching them to go through the following steps.
- Clearly identify what it is that you have to make a decision about.
- Identify the possible choices you can make.
- Identify the criteria you will use to make your choice.
- Identify the positives and negatives about each possible choice with regard to your criteria.
- Select the choice that has the most positives and fewest negatives with regard to your criteria.