Here are some ideas for introducing fun into your math instruction.
- When teaching students how to solve word problems, use their names and aspects of their lives in the problems.
- Use unusual units when reinforcing the concept of measurement. For example, have your students compare the lengths of two objects by using jelly beans.
- To the extent possible, use real money when teaching about money.
- Create games to teach number facts and concepts.For example, create a shopping game in which students have to "buy" things.
- Take advantage of the many fun math activities available on the Internet.