Parts of Speech Review
Grammar is not fun for most students. Here is a way you can turn a review of parts of speech into a fun activity. Have your students identify the part of speech of the underlined word in each of the following book titles.
- The Cat in the Hat (preposition)
- Brave New World (noun)
- Pride and Prejudice (conjunction)
- To Kill a Mockingbird (verb)
- Bang the Drum Slowly (adverb)
- The Scarlet Letter (adjective)
- The Way we Live Now (pronoun)
Have your students identify parts of speech in other books they have read or in movies they have seen.