Presidential Campaign Activites
As the presidential election campaigns become more intense, you can use the following activities to heighten your students’ awareness of what is involved in the business of electing a president.
- Have students compare campaign slogans to identify the ways in which the candidates differ.
- Have students develop a checklist they can use to compare candidates’ views on issues.
- Have students create a "Help Wanted" ad for the job of president.
- Have students create political cartoons related to the election (good integration of art).
- Have students graph poll results (good integration of math).