Teaching Tip: Science Analogies
Having your students complete analogies can help them master difficult science concepts. Here are some science-related analogies you can have your students complete.
- 1. Warm-blooded is to dog as _______________ is to snake.
- 2. Microscope is to amoeba as _______________ is to planet.
- 3. Botany is to plants as zoology is to _______________.
- 4. Oxygen is to inhale as ____________ is to exhale.
- 5. Thermometer is to temperature as barometer is to ___________.
- 6. Ear is to eardrum as ___________ is to cornea.
Answers: 1. cold-blooded 2. telescope 3. animals 4. carbon dioxide 5. air pressure 6. eye
Not only can completing science-related analogies help your students master science concepts, it can also stimulate your students' thinking processes.