Teaching Tip: Classroom Feeling Tone
The feeling tone you establish in your classroom has a lot to do with your success. Students learn best when they feel comfortable with their teachers. Here are some ways to establish a positive feeling tone in your classroom.
- Pay attention to the needs of all your students.
- Use encouraging words often.
- Maintain pleasant eye contact.
- Speak in a pleasant voice.
- Use encouraging facial expressions.
- Make liberal use of praise and compliments.
- Maintain positive expectations.